The Mid Devon has its own youth coaching group – Mid-Devon Youth. We are a Go Ride and Club Mark accredited club. We cater for riders aged 8– 16 years old. Our purpose is to encourage young people to take up cycling, learn the basic skills of bike handling and control, and progress through to bike racing and tactical knowledge.
Membership costs £5 per year, renewed on 1st January. The benefits include: –
• British Cycling qualified coaches delivering a range of sessions.
• Access to our coaching and racing events,
• Club kit at discounted prices available to purchase.
• Free British Cycling membership in the first year.
• Regular events and coaching sessions for road, mountain bike
• Access to trips to Newport Velodrome.
• Following an Awards for All grant of £10k and donations from the Mid Devon’s Dartmoor Classic event we are able to loan racing bikes to new members.
Working together with British Cycling. Our coaches are Level 2 trained and hold discipline specific qualifications in Road, Time Trial, Track and Cyclo Cross. Riders compete locally, nationally and most of all have fun on their bikes.
We are always keen to welcome new members, but before attending our coaching sessions please contact us via the form below and we can confirm availability and answer any questions you have. Coaching sessions are currently run on a fortnightly basis and cost £2 per session. Riders are split into age and ability groups. We are now based at the brand new Torbay Velopark cycling facility and looking forward to expanding our coaching offer.
Youth Coaching Dates
11th, 25th April,
9th, 23rd May
6th, 20th June
4th, 21st July
1st, 15th, 29th August