The Mid Devon has its own youth coaching group – Mid-Devon Youth. We are a Go Ride and Club Mark accredited club. We cater for riders aged 8– 16 years old. Our purpose is to encourage young people to take up cycling, learn the basic skills of bike handling and control, and progress through to bike racing and tactical knowledge.
Membership costs £5 per year, renewed on 1st January. The benefits include: –
• British Cycling qualified coaches delivering a range of sessions.
• Access to our coaching and racing events,
• Club kit at discounted prices available to purchase.
• Free British Cycling membership in the first year.
• Regular events and coaching sessions for road, mountain bike
• Access to trips to Newport Velodrome.
• Following an Awards for All grant of £10k and donations from the Mid Devon’s Dartmoor Classic event we are able to loan racing bikes to new members.
Working together with British Cycling. Our coaches are Level 2 trained and hold discipline specific qualifications in Road, Time Trial, Track and Cyclo Cross. Riders compete locally, nationally and most of all have fun on their bikes.
We are always keen to welcome new members, but before attending our coaching sessions please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and we can confirm availability and answer any questions you have. Coaching sessions are currently run on a fortnightly basis and cost £2 per session. Riders are split into age and ability groups. We are now based at the brand new Torbay Velopark cycling facility and looking forward to expanding our coaching offer.
Current dates 2017
Saturday morning coaching sessions 0930 – 1030
February 4th and 18th
March 4th and 18th
Wednesday evening coaching sessions 1830 – 1930 Races 1830 – 2030 (dependent on age group
April 19th Coaching, 26th Racing
May 3rd Coaching 17th Coaching 24th Racing 31st Coaching
June 14th Coaching 21stRacing 28th Coaching
July 12th Coaching 19th Racing 26th Coaching
August 9th Coaching 16th Racing 23rd Coaching
September 6th Coaching